What we can do for you
DanceWize NSW is NUAA’s latest harm reduction outreach program. DanceWize NSW utilises peer education to reduce drug-and-alcohol-related harm at NSW dance parties and festivals. Our staff and volunteers attend events in order to: host a chill-out space; discuss safer drug use with peers and disseminate health resources.
What do we provide?
• A neutral, safe space if you need to chill out, away from loud music and bright lights and unsafe situations like bullying, harrassment or sexual assault
• A team of extensively trained, sober volunteers who are at the festival 24/7 to give you support
• Substance-specific harm reduction information
• An ear to listen
• Condoms, dental dams, female condoms, lollipops, sunscreen, earplugs, water, referrals and further information about blood borne virus, STIs, police powers and your rights
• Blankets, hot water bottles, dry clothes, tea and toast
• Games if you need some distraction
• Support from security and medical services if you are feeling unsafe or unwell
> Harm Reduction Victoria - Access all the resources of our Victorian counterparts.
> Zendo Project - The harm reduction team that takes on Burning Man has released a training manual and videos.
> Australian Psychedelic Society - Small community that has been growing slowly. Follow this group to keep an ear out for local events.
>Psychedelic Research in Science and Medicine (PRISM) - Australian not-for-profit research association that develops, initiates, coordinates, and supports formal research into medical applications of psychoactive compounds.
Harm reduction databases
> Erowid - Largest database of personal experience reports.
> TripSit - Harm Reduction through education. Excellent drug combination reference chart.
> Bluelight - Harm reduction based forum that is generally well moderated.
> Psychonaut Wiki - The open wiki on psychonautics.
> Ver Binding - Pictures and videos of 9 reagent tests on 180 substances.
> The Drug Classroom - Well referenced short videos on a range of substances.
> Enpsychedelia - Harm reduction and drug law reform activism, a counter voice to current drug narratives.
> SpeakEasy - Conversations in the margins, A comfortable space for uncomfortable topics. Social science researchers talk about health issues affecting those on the fringes of society.
> Psychedelics Today - Exploring and discussing the important research in the field of psychedelics.
> The Third Wave - Resources for safe, structured, and responsible psychedelic use.
> Entheo TV - Small collection of videos from past EGA conferences covering topics from psychedelic science to spirituality.